360 Pet Medical aspires to be Montana’s leader in multi-modal, high-quality, progressive veterinary care. Our practice is client-centered and we expect all members of our team to perform their duties with this focus in a manner that reflects this intention. We pride ourselves on consistently providing exceptional services to our patients, and are equally invested in the well-being of our employees. We practice direct and honest communication, are flexible and open to change, and promote adaptability and accountability within our culture. We respect each other’s differences, embrace our commonalities, and strive to perform our roles with both empathy and professionalism.
The purpose of the Client Service Representative (CSR) position is to provide outstanding client service. The CSR answers the phone, differentiates between routine and emergency cases, schedules appointments, greets clients, admits and checks out patients, processes payments, manages financial information, and communicates information between clients and staff.The CSR enjoys working with people and diverse clients and is caring, friendly, and efficient. The position is a member of the CSR team and is supervised by the Lead CSR and Practice Manager.
- Follows established hospital guidelines for communicating with clients both in-person, by phone, and electronically.
- Handles basic questions regarding hospital services, fees, and animal care; appropriately directs questions to others.
- Communicates with clients as needed regarding invoices and the medical status of their pets.
- Monitors appointment schedule and communicates with clients about wait times.
- Schedules appointments to meet the clients’ needs and most efficiently use veterinarians’ and staff members’ time.
- Maintains current client contact information.
Patient Admittance & Discharge:
- Retrieves client records and forms in advance of clients’ arrival, obtains medical and vaccination histories from the client.
- Relays all necessary information to the veterinarians and technicians.
- Triages urgent-care patients and communicates with the medical team as appropriate.
- Enters all charges into the computer and double-checks entries against the patient visit form or tracking form.
- Reviews discharge instructions, medications, and services rendered, and informs client of the total amount due.
- Accepts payments from the client. Accurately processes cash, checks, charge card payments, credit account payments.
- Schedules discharge and follow-up appointments.
- Assists with cleaning and straightening the public areas of the practice, including the front desk, reception area, client restrooms, and exam rooms.
- Restocks and arranges retail and point-of-purchase displays.
- Maintains and replenishes refreshment area.
- Opens the practice and sets up for the morning as directed.
- Closes the practice for the evening as directed.
Recordkeeping and Filing:
- Retrieves and re-files medical records accurately and promptly.
- Purges inactive files as directed.
- Updates client files and patient records as needed.
- Scans medical documents.
- Faxes medical records to requesters, with client’s permission.
- Processes returned mail/postcards. Contacts client to verify and correct contact information.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work uncommon hours
- Ability to operate as a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy