360 Pet Medical aspires to be Montana’s leader in multi-modal, high-quality, progressive veterinary care. Our practice is client-centered and we expect all members of our team to perform their duties with this focus in a manner that reflects this intention. We pride ourselves on consistently providing exceptional services to our patients, and are equally invested in the well-being of our employees. We practice direct and honest communication, are flexible and open to change, and promote adaptability and accountability within our culture. We respect each other’s differences, embrace our commonalities, and strive to perform our roles with both empathy and professionalism.
The purpose of the Veterinary Technician position is to provide outstanding service and support to clinic operations and the medical team. The Veterinary Technician will be responsible for performing administrative tasks, conducting medical procedures within the scope of their training, assisting veterinary staff in examining, and monitoring animal patients, assisting veterinary staff in advanced medical procedures, and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in exam and surgical rooms. The position is a member of the Vet Tech team and is supervised by the Lead Veterinarian Technician and Practice Manager.
- Follows established hospital guidelines for communicating with clients both in-person, by phone, and electronically.
- Assists front-office staff in answering phones and scheduling appointments as necessary.
- Correctly perform client callbacks and follow-ups.
- Field questions regarding services and products, does not answer questions outside of training or capabilities.
- Admits and discharges patience according to clinic procedures and doctor’s orders.
- Generates detailed and accurate estimates for patient services.
- Adheres to all clinic risk management and safety policies, reports incidents and concerns in a timely manner.
- Restrains pets in a safe, compassionate, efficient manner.
- Relays all necessary information to the veterinarians, technicians, and assistants.
- Triages urgent-care patients and communicates with the medical team as appropriate.
- Assists with patient surgeries, dental procedures, radiographs, and therapies as directed to by supervisors.
- Properly develops and documents patient treatment plans.
- Properly administers and documents the delivery of medications and prescriptions to patients and clients.
- Properly collects and performs lab procedures.
- Properly induces and monitors anesthesia.
- Performs house-call euthanasia services.
- Assists with cleaning and restocking all clinic examine rooms, surgical rooms, and shared staff areas.
- Performs kennel cleaning and sanitation duties.
- Washes laundry and pet dishes regularly and as needed.
- Properly sets-up and cleans all dental and surgical areas.
- Properly cares for and maintains surgical equipment.
- Properly operates and maintains underwater treadmill.
- Follow protocols for receiving and requesting inventory.
- Properly logs all conversations with clients in patient Medical Condition Record.
- Properly record patient vital signs into Medical Condition Record.
- Assists Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians with Medical Condition Record updates and maintenance.
- Properly enter charges into the Avimark system.
- Oversees and ensures proper recordkeeping from Veterinarian Assistants and Veterinarian.
- Complete professional certification or in-house training
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to properly interact and restrain patients
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work uncommon hours
- Ability to operate as a team player
- Computer literacy